Saturday, August 30, 2008

Four year old stats

In the interest of remembering these things when WG is older, I thought I'd write some current stats down...

Favorite color: yellow (pronounced "yayyow")

Favorite number: 6

Favorite vegetable: baby corn

Favorite fruit: grapes, strawberries and blueberries

Favorite meal outside the home: Garlic chicken from the Thai restaurant. They love her there because gets her own entree and clearly enjoys eating it. I guess they don't get too many 4-year-olds who beg to go to their restaurant.

Favorite meal at home: plain cold GF spaghetti noodles. Also, any kind of bean, olives, cheese, rice, corn tortillas.... WG will pretty much eat anything. The only thing that she is picky about (right now) is that she likes her food COLD.

Favorite item of clothing: the dress. WG will not wear anything but dresses. The dress that she chooses most often to wear is the rocket dress, but she loves all of her dresses and has a hissy fit when I try to weed out the ones that are too short.

Favorite thing to do: make bracelets from pipe cleaners and pony beads.

Favorite characters: Curious George and Veggie Tales

Favorite possession: Her red super hero cape. She wears it every day.

Current obsession: finding the holes in the ceiling wherever we go.

Current career aspiration: To be a Veggie Tale, specifically, Larry Boy. A few weeks back if you asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up she would cheerfully reply, "I'm going to be a vegetable!" We have coached her out of that one and now she says that she wants to be "Wawwy boy, supuh hewo!"

Misc quirk: WG despises white crayons. When she finds one she takes it right to the trash and throws it away. A good friend recently introduced her to colored paper so we'll see if her attitude toward the white crayon changes....

Imaginary friends: Oma, Bad Alice, and Jamie.

Collection of the moment: wine corks. She just likes them. She looks at them, sorts them, builds towers with them, and plays out little dramas with them like they are people. Also, WG has her own collection of fat quarters. For those of you who do not sew or quilt, a fat quarter is a cut of fabric that is 18 inches long by 22 inches wide. She loves fabric and I'm sure would love to be let loose on my sewing machine. When I sew she takes my scraps and pins together her own creations announcing "This is the bodice and these two will make up the skirt. I think I will put ric rac here and I will use the red to embroidery it." I will admit that her collection of fat quarters are a big pile of bribery. But, for me the price of a fat quarter is a small price to pay for a happy peaceful trip to the fabric store.

Favorite instrument: The tuba.

No comments: