Friday, May 4, 2012

When Speck of Dust is born, it will get my sewing room. (I don't really mind.) I surveyed the room a few days ago, though, and I've got a lot of stuff in there! I'm trying to use fabric NOW so that I can fit into a smaller space. This dress goes together so fast. I've made three so far and I'm planning to make several more for Alice, Maggie, and various other little girls in my life. Alice has requested that I monkey with the pattern to come up with a version for her American Girl dolls, so that is on my to-do list. Here is my first attempt. As-is, the neckline is a little too low on Alice. It's also a tad too roomy on her. 100_1095 Attempt #2. I raised the neckline by an inch or so and was more generous using my seam allowances. Much better fit. 100_1097 Here is the back: 100_1099 I've finished a 3rd one and if I can convince Alice to model it I'll edit in some pictures. Cute, huh? The pattern is a download from Lil Blue Boo.

No comments: